The City 2.0
an idea on which our future depends.
Here's how you can participate...
1. Let's build "A Society and City of Ideas"
Question number 1: What does "A Society and City of Ideas" mean to you?
Read what people said, here
Question number 2: What are your ideas on how to build Singapore into "A Society and City of Ideas"?
Read what people said, here
What are your own views and ideas on these questions? share them, here
2. Know someone with an idea worth spreading about liveable and loveable cities? TED and TEDxSingapore are seeking speakers to share their ideas, visions and work across diverse fields and topics from Art to Architecture, Heritage to Health, Gardening to Grafitti, Skyscrapers to Schools, Community to Culture... >Nominate someone to present a TEDxCity2.0 Talk here: http://bit.ly/City2speakers You can also email us at: City2.0@TEDxSingapore.sg
3. The 2012 TED Prize City 2.0 celebrates the urban efforts of numerous people and organizations around the world.
As part of this, TED is calling out for new ground-up projects with the promise and awarded ten TED Prizes of $10,000 for the best projects. The TED community around the world have already responded fantastically to the call – three out of the five current grants awarded up to June 2012 have gone to TEDx organizers, two in Pakistan and one in Uganda. Five more TED Prizes will be awarded, one each month from August to December 2012. >Form a team and submit your project idea for next $10,000 City 2.0 TED Prize award, here http://www.thecity2.org/projects
Bonus: At the same time, write to us to share about your project. You may be given an opportunity to share about it in a TEDx Talk and be invited to demo and showcase your project in Singapore, email us at: City2.0@TEDxSingapore.sg
4.TEDxCity2.0 Singapore event on 13 Oct 2012
"All great things have their origins in that which is small" said philosopher Lao Tzu. Likewise, all great cities had humble origins as small towns. Singapore was founded because of an idea that a small sandy island could become a great place for trade of goods across the world. In this 21st Century, the trade of our ideas, inspiration and inventiveness is now the most valuable exchange between humans. How can we build our Singapore to become a great City of Ideas in a planet of interconnected ideas? Inspiring ideas, dynamic conversations and to brainstorm Ideas "To Build Idea Cities". We joined over 70 cities around the world in simultaneous sharing of ideas about cities in this global event.
>Find out more here: www.TED.com/tedx/events/6995
5. Go to the site www.theCity2.org and share a story about your city and encourage others to do the same. It's creative and eclectic, so it shouldn’t take long and is fun!
6. Tweet your six-word, city-inspired memoir, using the handle @thecity2_0 and hashtag #cities and name your city, follow the TEDxCity2_0 Twitter
people together to seek a deeper understanding of ourselves and our
world, and to inspire ideas and action for a better future for us all.
Founded in April 2009, we are 100% Community-Created. Express your
passion for ideas and inspiration with millions of people around the
world and in Singapore. Be authentic, Embrace everyone, Celebrate our
possibilities, visit www.TEDxSingapore.sg
TED and TEDx in Forbes http://onforb.es/TEDxWorld
1min Trailer http://bit.ly/TEDxSingaporeTrailer
TEDxSingapore events www.TED.com/tedx/groups/21.html
Straits Times http://bit.ly/StraitsTimesTEDx
SALT feature http://bit.ly/SALTwanTED